Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ryan Reynolds Says He and Blake Lively Would ‘Love to Have a Big Family’

Ryan Reynolds on the cover of Details. (Mark Seliger/Details) The actor strikes a pose inside the August issue. (Mark Seliger/Details)
Attention Brangelina's brood: You may have some competition.
Ryan Reynolds , who is usually very tight-lipped when it comes to discussing his life with wife Blake Lively , opens up to Details magazine about their domestic plans for the future.
"We'd love to have a big family," he says. "We both come from big families — my parents did four, Blake's did five.
A lot of people say it's crazy, but we'll only know when we're there, you know? We'll walk through that fire pretty happily, I think."
Reynolds and wife Blake Lively (AP Photo) Continues the "R.I.P.
D." actor: "I'm terrified that I'm genetically predisposed to only having boys. That's frightening. By the time I was 10 years old, and I'm not exaggerating, I knew how to patch drywall. There's nothing my brothers and I didn't put a hole in.
We turned our home into a Wiffle house. That's something I'm not looking forward to."
7 Trends You'll Be Wearing Next Fall
Reynolds, 36, and Lively, 25, secretly wed in September 2012 and the two have tried their best to keep their romance low profile, by Hollywood standards, at least.

The former "Gossip Girl" actress is hardly Reynolds's first relationship in the spotlight. The "Safe House" actor was engaged to Alanis Morissette from 2004 to 2007 and split up with Scarlett Johansson in 2010 after two years of marriage. The latter was perhaps the most scarring for the actor, as it led to having his face plastered all over the tabloids.

"I don't intentionally try to be evasive about that stuff," Reynolds explains. "If you ask me to describe my relationship, I mean - words are too clumsy to accurately describe how I feel in that regard, particularly in an interview. It's a strange thing. I understand the climate we live in and why people are curious. But it's just tough and almost emotionally violent - for anyone, I think - to see your personal life summarized in a sentence."
Mark Seliger/Details
Stylish Male Athletes Who Became Models
"He seems genuinely surprised at the magnitude of his stardom," Reynolds's "Queen of the Night" director Atom Egoyan theorizes. "I think he gets hurt sometimes when his privacy is betrayed. It puts a lot of pressure on him."
The Worst Celebrity Eyebrows of All Time
Although the couple splits their time between New York City, Los Angeles, and what Reynolds calls "a little shack in the woods" back home in British Columbia," it's no wonder they spend most of their time now in a quiet home in the country in Bedford, New York.
Sounds like a perfect place to get started on that family!
The August issue of Details hits newsstands on Tuesday, July 9.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler Call It Quits
Why Is Brad Pitt Jealous of Matt Damon?
Where the Stars Spent July 4th Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment