Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lance Bass Sounds Off on All That Amanda Bynes Drama

Lance Bass at the Lambda Legal 2013 West Coast Liberty Awards (Justin Wagner Photography) It's practically a Hollywood rite of passage these days to be called "ugly" on Twitter by Amanda Bynes .
When SiriusXM OutQ host Lance Bass received the honor a few weeks ago, he responded by saying, "The Amanda I know would never had said something like this to me - either this is a fake person or she really does have a mental illness. Way too sad. I reached out - all i can do."
When "omg! Insider" caught up with Bass Thursday night at the London Hotel in West Hollywood, where he was hosting Lambda Legal's 2013 West Coast Liberty Awards, he elaborated a bit more on how some of his words about Bynes had been taken out of context.
When asked what he'd say to her if she were on the red carpet, he responded, "Well, I'd give her a big ol' hug and say 'Hey baby, I'm here for ya.
' You know, when you do have a radio show … I have no filter, so I say what I say and then a lot of people love to take that and twist it into whatever they want to twist it. Like calling One Direction gay, which I never did … I said, 'The odds are, with most boy bands, one probably is gay."
But getting back to the beleaguered star at hand, Bass had nothing but words of affection for Bynes.
"With Amanda, I love her so much," he said.
"I think she's so sweet. We really got to know each other well on a movie that we shot together. And, you know, I just wanted to reach out to her and say, 'I'm there for you.' Unfortunately, whatever's happening in her life right now, she's not really wanting to hear anything like that."
Drake Bell, Bynes's former Nickelodeon co-star on "The Amanda Show" from 1999 - 2001, defended her earlier this week , saying that she's very much sane right now.
And on Friday, Bynes's reported "friend," a self-proclaimed publicist named Jonathan Jaxson, claimed that Bynes texted him that her bizarre behavior is all an act.
So, we asked Bass what he thinks is behind all of this behavior and how he feels about his old pal being celebrated with negative press.
"I think the ones celebrating [it] are actually the ones who want to see her (end up hurting) herself.
" Bass said. "Those are the ones that just want to see entertainment and they're not going to be really happy until she hurts herself and it's not real, it's not true. You know the ones who are like, 'Take more pictures,' all that type of stuff.
Those aren't the ones on her side, those are the ones that really want something bad [happen]."
Please count us amongst those who really don't want to see that happen.

More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:

Selena Gomez Becomes a First-Time Big Sister ― at 20!
See Photos From Joanna Krupa's Million-Dollar Wedding
What Crazy Amenity Do Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Have at Their $21 Million Mansion?

No comments:

Post a Comment