Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Amy Adams: No Bikinis, No Diets, No Lycra

(Norman Jean Roy/Allure) Amy Adams isn't one of those actresses who is going to talk about three-hour daily workouts, 21-day juice cleanses, or monthly Botox injections ... and it's a big part of why she's so darn likable.
"Some of these actresses or public personas who are very public about their disciplined diets, more power to them," the 38-year-old "Man of Steel" star says in the July issue of Allure . "I just don't see the point.
Do you know, the people I love as actresses, I've never ever sought out pictures of them to see what they look like in a swimsuit."

As for her own swimsuit body, the mother of 3-year-old Aviana says, "I'm just not going to be one of those people photographed in a bikini where people are like, 'OMG, look at Amy! I mean, it might be OMG, but not for the reasons I want."
She adds,"Perfect isn't normal, nor is it interesting."
Amy Adams: Her Style Timeline
(Norman Jean Roy/Allure)
Needless to say, not being "perfect" hasn't prevented the four-time Academy Award nominee from landing primo roles.
Right now she's on the big screen playing Lois Lane opposite hunky Henry Cavill's Superman in "Man of Steel," which is expected to be one of the summer's biggest blockbusters.
"I've wanted to be in a superhero movie, and this was my best chance — as some mere mortal," she says. "Let's be real here. I don't look that good in Lycra. I do all right, but I hadn't anticipated that I was ever going to be cast as the girl in Lycra looking hot.
"
Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
(Norman Jean Roy/Allure) But it's okay with her to have the reputation as the actress who shows up on time, does a great job, and is professional … even if it isn't always newsworthy.
"People who make headlines for things aren't typically the hard workers, you know?" she notes. "You only hear about actors who are misbehaving.
"
Top 21 Drugstore Beauty Bargains
But expect some headlines when she finally marries her fiancé, Darren Le Gallo. Together since they met in an acting class in 2001, they've been engaged since 2008, and had their only child in 2010. When the Allure interviewer suggested that maybe there was no point in Adams marrying Le Gallo now, having been together for more than a decade and already parents, Adams quickly disagrees.

"No! There is a point to it. We both have a very specific idea that we want to do this [the ceremony] in spring or fall, like in those months, but every time I'm busy working," she says. "I want something very family oriented and laid-back."
Laid-back? Yep, that sounds about right.
For more of Adams's interview, pick up the July issue of Allure, on newsstands July 25.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:

Drake on Chris Brown Feud: 'I Get a Feeling It Could End Really Badly'
Ouch! You Won't Believe the Cruel Way Russell Brand Dumped Katy Perry
Again?! New Driving Drama for Justin Bieber

No comments:

Post a Comment